Competition weeks are to be conducted bi weekly. Performances are recorded, with the focus on personal bests. Points will accumulate for end of season awards for each age group.
- Weekly attendance (including development weeks) each athlete receives 2 points
- For Equally their Personal Best they receive 2 points
- For bettering their Personal Best they receive 3 points
- For coming first in a weekly event they receive 3 points
- For coming second in a weekly event they receive 2 points
- For coming third in a weekly event they receive 1 point
The start time of 4:15 allows young children to arrive shortly after school and complete their events early if desired, with later timeslots available for late starters.
Events are to be held at set times throughout the evening, with sign up limits (first in) proposed for each session. If a session is full then the overflow athletes must wait for the next session. This process aims to allow athletes of all ages to participate together as ‘ONE SPORT’. A focus on self-improvement and learning from older athletes. Track events ultimately will be seeded based on ability not age. A new management model requiring tolerance and patience until it becomes second nature to all. We are all creatures of habit, this new model will be a challenge for all, with the end outcome exciting for the sport. Go with the flow and aim to inspire and grow together.
Standard Rules for Little Athletics https://lansw.com.au/rules-of-competition/
Amendments to rules of competitions 2019: https://lansw.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2019/10/Amendment-to-RoC-2019-Edition-.pdf