Conduct Both you and the other members of the Centre have the opportunity to learn about, and enjoy the various facets of athletics. To achieve this, it is imperative that the Committee members and/or other volunteering parents, are not tied up dealing with offensive or disrespectful behaviour, poor sportsmanship or the like.
All athletes must therefore adhere to the following guidelines:
- Before and during all events good behaviour and sportsmanship is expected from all athletes, remember, you are representing our Centre as well as your family.
- All children must be supervised at all times and not be allowed to run wild on the sports field.
- Offensive language and/or behaviour, disrespect to Age Managers etc. will not be tolerated. If an athlete misbehaves please report him/her to the relevant Age Manager or a Committee member. If the Committee is not aware of the problem we are obviously not able to deal with it.
- The central Cricket pitch area is absolutely out of bounds at all times.
- All athletes are to keep well clear of the long track during events - competing athletes have the right of way. Keep in mind that senior athletes wear spikes and move very quickly.
In line with the board of the Little Athletics Association of NSW, the Centre has adopted the following rule with regard to conduct:
“A competitor acting in an unsporting manner renders himself/herself liable to disqualification from the competition.”
More detailed information on Little Athletics Codes of conduct and behavioural guidelines can be found here
Offensive language and/or bad behaviour, disrespect to age managers etc. will not be tolerated. If an athlete misbehaves please report him/her to a committee member or take them to the office to be supervised. They will be removed from the afternoon’s events and will be disqualified from any points they may have been eligible for.